Prep: 15 min
Cook: 35 min
Total: 50 min
2 pounds grated sweet potatoes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Drop by quarter-cupfuls onto the baking sheets. Flatten with a spatula.
3. Bake for 25 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 72.5 cal
Fat 0.7 g
Saturated fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg
Sodium 127.1 mg
Carbohydrates 14.6 g
Total sugars 2.9 g
Dietary fiber 2.1 g
Protein 2.1 g
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Yield: 16 servings, 1 latke each
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided use
2 cups hot water
1½ lb. medium cauliflower, cut into florets, hard stem discarded
2 large eggs
½ medium onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; brush foil with 1 Tbsp. oil. Set aside.
3. Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in saucepan; steam for 4 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain well. Dry with a paper towel.
5. Place cauliflower in a large bowl; mash with a fork.
6. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt, and garlic powder; mix well.
7. Using ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop mixture into patties and place on prepared baking sheet. 8. Brush the tops evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; bake for 10 minutes. Flip latkes and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
(found on teambeachbody.com)
As we prep for the holidays, veggies come up. And sometimes, we have not learned form our predecessors how exactly one stir-fries a cabbage. Or what ever else it is. So, here is a little cheat sheet i found.
I’ve often wondered why sometimes I just crave something and I don’t even know what. It’s the weirdest feeling, to crave something and not know what that something is.
The issue of course is that I would then go through the house and eat stuff just to find what I wanted. It’s how candy and chips and snacks got consumed all the time.
When I started drinking Shakeology I though I would eat less junk because I would be full. And that is true. However I mostly don’t have those cravings anymore because I am getting all my vitamins and minerals that way.
No more cravings for this girl!
It is a simple tool no? Well it is a lifesaver. When i get home from work at 6pm and i need meals for the next several days i can turn to this handy devise and it will save me.
Last night i did just that. put everything in and walked away. at 12:30 it was done. portioned out and into the fridge and to bed with me. World saved and no muss no fuss. Or rather, no mess because i use these little guys. Saves me all that cleanup too!